Tuesday 29 September 2015

Relaxing Can Bring On Inspiration

I am sitting in a hotel room in Richmond Hill. It has given me an opportunity to relax and consider the next few projects that I would like to do. It caused me to look at photos that I have available and to look at the suggestions I have been given to create decor signs with.

It also makes me think of Saturday morning after I woke up and was sitting in the living room enjoying a cup of coffee. The windows were open and I hear a flock of Canada Geese flying over the house, their honks announcing their presence. It made me think of how much I love this country; how much I appreciate living in a rural area. I thought of all the wildlife I had been privileged to see just outside my door. I regularly see deer, wild turkeys, rabbits, fox, raccoons, turkey vultures, hawks, and more. At our cottage we had seen all of those as well as bear, owls, grouse and other wildlife.

It all inspires me to capture the scene on canvas, or some other surface. Take a quick photo so you have something to work from. Seeing the beauty of this world also makes me want to work on things that would inspire others, either a painting to hang in their home, or dome décor style sign to hang on a wall and inspire.

It is worth it to sit, relax, listen and watch the world go by. It is worth sitting in a canoe or row boat and looking at the world around you from a vantage point you wouldn’t normally see.

My sons sat out on the front lawn and watched the lunar eclipse the other night and watched the moon turned brilliant red. They both made comment about the awesome view they had seen, something that you don’t get to see very often.

I hope everyone takes a few moments in their lives to sit, relax and look at the world around you.





No comments:

Post a Comment