Wednesday 21 October 2015

Keep Painting, Never Give Up, Practice, Push The Limits, Try, Try Again

I have been painting for a numbers years, have I had a positive experience wth all hose who have viewed my works. I am absolutely certain that I have heard a lot of negative comments and reviews. We live in a world were there are more critics than there are those who will be a positive contributor of advice. 

Whether you are attempting to make a living with your art or are just creating things because it is a relaxing hobby, I can say to you keep painting, keep creating, enjoy your time. We wouldn't have a lot of our "modern  conveniences" if the inventors quit because the negative comments were taken to heart.ryrewewe

I have seen a progression in my art. Is it were I want it to be, no, but at the same time it is by no means where it was when I started to paint. From always painting flat looking, nondensional sunsts to painting wild life, landscapes and more. My current work has had people comment on how realistic they look, how inviting they look, how many look like you could walk right into the scene. I have gone from rarely having any one who showed interest in any of my work to having fairly regular sales of various pieces I have painted.

Don't allow negative detractors steal your joy, don't allow them to convince you your time would be better spent on some other kind of activity. Pick up that brush, put paint on that pallet and paint. When your finished with that piece start another, have multiple prices going at once.

If at first you don't succeed keep going, never quit. Get that image of never going any where out of your mind, see yourself painting an awesome piece. Practice makes perfect.

Friends, don't allow your world  surroundings steal that desire. Paint and paint again. Paint until you have made your masterpiece, then paint another one.




No comments:

Post a Comment