Sunday 12 July 2015

Never Give Up, Rome Wasn't Built In A Day.

We live in a world that is filled with critics, people who feel they; can do something better, know more than you, feel they need to instruct others on how to do something. Ask yourself, if they could do better wouldn't they be.

There are always going to be; couch potato quarter backs, those who feel they did better when. They aren't the one holding the paint brush, sitting at the keyboard or standing on stage. They observe from the distance and make comments. They have either never tried, gave up or were so discouraged by others they feel it is their obligation to pass it on.

Don't be discouraged, don't give up. Give yourself time to develop your craft. That may take years, and if you feel you are getting better, if you enjoy yourself, all the more reason not to stop.

I have been painting since I was in my teens, I am not the painter that I was at age 13 I have come a long long way. I hear some family suggesting they are better, that they don't appreciate all that I do. There isn't an artist of any kind in this world that is loved by everyone else. Every artist has their own style, ability, and people who do like their work.

Be encouraged, have faith in yourself and continue to develop your craft. Edison worked on many inventions, not all were successful.  How many painters have been successful in their own right, have been great artist, that sold works, but we're only known to a few faithful followers.  How many writers get rejected by publishers, never give up, and one day get a book accepted for publishing.

Where would we be if some one didn't wander out of the cave? What about the person that first plowed a field and planted something? What if Bell didn't try to help those with hearing loss, the Wright brothers didn't try flying, Ford didn't try making inexpensive cars on an assembly line?

As a well known Scottish King by the name of Robert the Bruce, is known for having said, "If at first you don't succeed try, try again!" 

I encourage you to continue, there will always be nay sayers. If I listened to them I wouldn't have sold as many paintings as I have, over 500 hand painted canoe paddles, and as many decorative signs as I have done recently. 

Don't give up! Develop your craft and then develop it more. I don't promise you will be a DaVinci, Picasso, Salvadore Dali, no, you will be you! You will become the artist, with your own style and your own following.

I paint on, have fun and destress. I enjoy myself, and get a great big kick out of it when a painting sells, and so will you with whatever you are creating.

Here is some finished items and one I am working on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment